Year-End Charitable Giving Reminders
December 22, 2020
As we get older, every year seems to go by faster than the last. The best thing about it is that cold, dreary winters don’t seem quite so long. But the downside is that the end-of-year deadline for charitable giving creeps up and surprises us. And here it comes again! Here are some dates and deadlines to consider:
- Gifts of appreciated stock should be made as soon as possible and received in our account by December 31, 2020. Please let staff know if you need a copy of our Community Foundation Stock Transfer instructions.
- Qualified Charitable Distributions (QCDs) should be initiated as soon as possible and must be received by 12/31/2020.
- Checks sent via the U.S. Postal Service to Community Foundation of South Puget Sound must be postmarked by 12/31/2020.
- Checks sent via carriers such as UPS or FedEx must be physically received by the Community Foundation on or before 12/31/2020.
- Online credit card gifts may be made until 11:59pm on December 31, 2020--click HERE to make an online gift.
- Donor advised grant recommendations should be received in our office by 12/28/2020 via letter or email.
Thank you for your continued generosity. Please feel free to contact us to talk more about giving opportunities with the Community Foundation of South Puget Sound.
December 22, 2020< Back to News