What is Give Local?
Give Local is a three-week online giving campaign to support nonprofits across Thurston, Mason, and Lewis Counties.
Give Local South Puget Sound is hosted by the Community Foundation of South Puget Sound to support nonprofits across Thurston, Mason, and Lewis Counties. Give Local 2018 will feature approximately 75 organizations that have been reviewed by the Community Foundation.
From October 31 through November 20, donors are encouraged to "give where you live" by making an online donation to one or more local nonprofits on our online giving platform.
$100,000 INCENTIVE FUND
To inspire giving during Give Local, the Community Foundation has partnered with the Dawkins Charitable Trust to offer a $100,000 Incentive Fund. The Incentive Fund proportionally increases the value of every dollar donated. For example, if a nonprofit organization receives 5 percent of the total donations during Give Local, that same nonprofit receives 5 percent of the $100,000 Incentive Fund (up to $7,500 per organization).
WHY WE CREATED GIVE LOCAL
Give Local is part of the Community Foundation's efforts to grow community philanthropy. Our goals for Give Local are to inspire more local giving, while helping build awareness and support for nonprofits in the South Puget Sound.
Through our Community Grants process, we distribute more than $400,000 in grants annually, and typically receive more than $900,000 in grant requests.
Give Local is just one part of the Community Foundation’s efforts to invest in the future of Thurston, Mason, and Lewis Counties. It’s an opportunity for the community to come together and give generously to nonprofit organizations that make our region a healthier and more vibrant place to live. Learn more about the Community Foundation of South Puget Sound.
Updating Your Campaign
Each organization will configure their own crowdfunding campaign on the Community Foundation’s online giving platform. Visit givelocal.thecommunityfoundation.com and log on. The Log In button is located in the top right corner of the giving platform. You will receive your login credentials via email when your campaign is ready to be configured.
Your campaign summary has been pulled directly from your grant application. We encourage you to edit the campaign summary, story, and add photos. Once you have logged in, click on “Campaign Details” to add photos, other media, and stories to your campaign.
Give Local resources:
- A three-week online giving campaign to support nonprofits across Thurston, Mason, and Lewis Counties.
- Give Local inspires more local giving, while helping build awareness and support for nonprofits in Thurston, Mason, and Lewis Counties.
- We encourage you to “Give Where You Live” by making a donation to one or more local nonprofits on the Give Local online giving platform (at givelocal.thecommunityfoundation.com).
- The Community Foundation and its sponsors are covering credit card and platform fees, so 100% of your donation goes to the nonprofits.
- From October 31—November 20, make a gift at givelocal.thecommuntiyfoundation.com to boost the value of your donation to [your organization].
INCENTIVE FUND KEY MESSAGES
- The $100,000 Incentive Fund* stretches your gift
even further for the causes you care about.
- The $100,000 Incentive Fund is a pool of dollars*, provided by the Dawkins Charitable Trust, to boost every donation made through Give Local.
- Every donation made through Give Local is boosted by the Incentive Fund, which increases the value of every dollar. For example, if a nonprofit organization receives 10 percent of the total donations made during Give Local, that same nonprofit receives 10 percent of the $100,000 Incentive Fund (up to $7,500 per organization).
*Note: The Incentive Fund is not a dollar-for-dollar match. Please do not use the word “match”.
Click here to view the Dropbox folder and download Give Local logos, backgrounds, social media posts, and other materials.
Click here to view the Give Local logo and other design assets.
Use #GiveLocalSPS across all social media to join the conversation! Secondary hashtag: #GiveWhereYouLive
Follow the Community Foundation of South Puget Sound on social media for the latest Give Local updates. We will use social media to share campaign updates, announce giving bonuses, ane more! Tag us during Give Local and we'll do our best to like or share your posts!
Facebook: facebook.com/tcfsps (use @tcfsps to tag)
Twitter: twitter.com/tcfsps (use @tcfsps to tag)
Instagram: instagram.com/tcfsps (use @tcfsps to tag)
Sample Facebook & Twitter Posts: Click here
Free graphic design tool: Canva