What is Give Local?
Give Local is a three-week online giving campaign to support nonprofits across Thurston, Mason, and Lewis Counties.
Give Local South Puget Sound is hosted by the Community Foundation of South Puget Sound to support nonprofits across Thurston, Mason, and Lewis Counties. Give Local 2018 will feature approximately 75 organizations that have been reviewed by the Community Foundation.
From October 31 through November 20, donors are encouraged to "give where you live" by making an online donation to one or more local nonprofits on our online giving platform.
$100,000 INCENTIVE FUND
To inspire giving during Give Local, the Community Foundation has partnered with the Dawkins Charitable Trust to offer a $100,000 Incentive Fund. The Incentive Fund proportionally increases the value of every dollar donated. For example, if a nonprofit organization receives 5 percent of the total donations during Give Local, that same nonprofit receives 5 percent of the $100,000 Incentive Fund (up to $7,500 per organization).
WHY WE CREATED GIVE LOCAL
Give Local is part of the Community Foundation's efforts to grow community philanthropy. Our goals for Give Local are to inspire more local giving, while helping build awareness and support for nonprofits in the South Puget Sound.
Through our Community Grants process, we distribute more than $400,000 in grants annually, and typically receive more than $900,000 in grant requests.
Give Local is just one part of the Community Foundation’s efforts to invest in the future of Thurston, Mason, and Lewis Counties. It’s an opportunity for the community to come together and give generously to nonprofit organizations that make our region a healthier and more vibrant place to live. Learn more about the Community Foundation of South Puget Sound.
Updating Your Campaign
Each organization will configure their own crowdfunding campaign on the Community Foundation’s online giving platform. Visit givelocal.thecommunityfoundation.com and log on. The Log In button is located in the top right corner of the giving platform. You will receive your login credentials via email when your campaign is ready to be configured.
Your campaign summary has been pulled directly from your grant application. We encourage you to edit the campaign summary, story, and add photos. Once you have logged in, click on “Campaign Details” to add photos, other media, and stories to your campaign.
- Rise Fundraiser/Give Local online tutorial: Click here
- Rise Fundraiser/Give Local User Guide: Click here
Our partner, Rise Fundraiser, will provide two webinar trainings with more information about how to build your online campaign and use the giving platform. Read more and register for the Give Local/Rise Fundraiser webinars.
- A three-week online giving campaign to support nonprofits across Thurston, Mason, and Lewis Counties.
- Give Local inspires more local giving, while helping build awareness and support for nonprofits in Thurston, Mason, and Lewis Counties.
- We encourage you to “Give Where You Live” by making a donation to one or more local nonprofits on the Give Local online giving platform (at givelocal.thecommunityfoundation.com).
- The Community Foundation and its sponsors are covering credit card and platform fees, so 100% of your donation goes to the nonprofits.
- From October 31—November 20, make a gift at givelocal.thecommuntiyfoundation.com to boost the value of your donation to [your organization].
INCENTIVE FUND KEY MESSAGES
- The $100,000 Incentive Fund* stretches your gift
even further for the causes you care about.
- The $100,000 Incentive Fund is a pool of dollars*, provided by the Dawkins Charitable Trust, to boost every donation made through Give Local.
- Every donation made through Give Local is boosted by the Incentive Fund, which increases the value of every dollar. For example, if a nonprofit organization receives 10 percent of the total donations made during Give Local, that same nonprofit receives 10 percent of the $100,000 Incentive Fund (up to $7,500 per organization).
*Note: The Incentive Fund is not a dollar-for-dollar match. Please do not use the word “match”.
Click here to view the Give Local logo and other design assets.
Sample Social Media Posts
Sample Give Local Email Templates
Email Template 1:
Subject: Be part of Give Local 2018!
Dear [Insert Name],
From October 31 through November 20 [Insert Your Organization] is joining more than 75 nonprofits in raising money to help make the South Puget Sound a stronger, more vibrant community for all.
[insert story or description of your Give Local project that these donations will help fund. You can also add a photo here].
Three ways you can help:
- Mark your calendars for October 31, 2018 and bookmark this giving link: [insert the direct link to your Give Local campaign page here]
- Please make a donation to support us during Give Local from October 31 through November 20.
- Help us spread the word! Follow us on Facebook and Twitter [include your organization’s social media handles]. Follow the hashtags #GiveLocalSPS and #GiveWhereYouLive.
Email Template 2:
Subject: Give Local Starts Today!
Dear [Insert Name],
From October 31 through November 20, [insert your organization’s name] is participating in Give Local South Puget Sound. Your donation will go a long way in helping us [insert program goals/value proposition]. Plus a $100,000 Incentive Fund will make your dollar go even further to support [your organization’s cause]!
We hope you will Give Local and support us [insert your Give Local campaign page link here].
Email Template 3:
Subject: Give Local and Help Us Reach Our Goal
Dear [Insert Name],
Give Local South Puget Sound is happening now! Will you join in supporting [insert your organization name and the direct link to your Give Local campaign page]?
We have a goal to have/raise [insert number of donors/insert number of dollars]. Please help us reach our goal by donating [suggested donation amount] or more on [insert Give Local profile page link], and by asking your family and friends to donate too!
We appreciate your help in [insert short mission/program goal] today.
Email Template 4:
Subject: Support [insert organization’s name] on Give Local!
The South Puget Sound’s celebration of local giving, Give Local, is taking place on Wednesday, October 31 through Tuesday, November 20, 2018. On this day, thousands of people come together to support nonprofits like ours. When you donate to [name], you’re helping us [mission/cause/achievement]. Our program is the only [what makes you organization unique and important].
Please help us reach our goal of [dollar amount, number of donations, etc.]. Thanks to the $100,000 Incentive Fund from the Dawkins Charitable Trust, your donation goes further during Give Local. To donate to us through Give Local, go to [insert link to your ColoradoGives.org donation page].
Email Template 5:
Subject: Your Donation Goes Further during Give Local!
Please give where you live and support us during Give Local, Wednesday, October 31 through Tuesday, November 20, 2018! This three-week movement is a chance to increase the value of your donation, thanks to the $100,000 Incentive Fund which increases the value of every dollar donated proportionally.
For example, if we receive 10 percent of the total donations made during Give Local, we will receive 10 percent of the $100,000 Incentive Fund (up to $7,500).
To donate to us during Give Local, go to [insert link to your Give Local donation