Community Grants GuidelinesDownload the 2017 Commnuity Grants Guidelines
The Community Foundation of South Puget Sound makes grants to 501(c)(3) public charities that serve Thurston, Mason, and Lewis County residents. If your organization or group is not a 501(c)(3), you must secure a fiscal sponsor.
Grant amounts typically range from $2,500 to $10,000. Each organization may submit one application per cycle. Applications are reviewed by our Grants Committee, consisting of board and community members. The review may include a site visit or interview. The Grants Committee then presents funding recommendations to our Board of Directors for final action in late October. Grant payments will be mailed by December 31.
We consider applications that:
- Are complete and in the requested format
- Clearly describe proposed activities and plans
- Demonstrate sound fiscal policy and responsible financial management
- Align with our funding priorities and values
We do not support:
- Organizations that discriminate with regard to age, gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, national origin, religious affiliation or presence of a disability
- Building funds or annual fund campaigns
- Endowments and debt reduction
- Activities or purchases that occur prior to grant decisions
- Political activities
- Religious organizations when funds would be used in whole or in part to further the organization’s religious purposes
The Community Foundation of South Puget Sound does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disabilities, age, status as a veteran, national origin, or any other protected classes. Applicants for the Community Grants program must hold similar standards in the provision of services.
If you have questions about our Community Grants program or the application process please contact Philanthropic Services and Programs Director, Mindie Reule at firstname.lastname@example.org or (360) 705-3340.