Capital City Marathon Endowment Fund
The 2020 Capital City Marathon Grant cycle is closed
Applications are due by May 29, 2020.
The Capital City Marathon Association (CCMA) is a nonprofit organization that has been providing a quality, local, all volunteer running event for 39 years. CCMA is committed to giving back to the community. To that end, in 2014 they established the Capital City Marathon Endowment Fund, which grows each year with proceeds from their event.
The Capital City Marathon Endowment Fund is a component fund of the Community Foundation of South Puget Sound.
Funding is available for projects in the Thurston, Lewis and Mason County areas that will increase the understanding and practice of healthy living. We fund projects that focus on one or more of the following:
- Personal health and fitness through the promotion of physical activity and exercise, such as running, nutrition, positive health habits and attitudes
- Personal growth through accomplishment
Possible Project Activities
The following are examples of possible projects:
- Teach a sport
- Expand participation opportunities in a sport
- Prepare for a competition
- Seed the creation of a new program at school, after school, or a community offering
- Lead a group for the purposes of running in an event, including training, nutrition, fitness, and personal accomplishment
We are interested in applications that:
- Clearly describe how the grant funds will be used
- Demonstrates how more people will be served or programs expanded due to grant funding
- Commit to documenting and submitting outcomes due to grant funding
Grant amounts and deadlines
- Grant amounts will range from $1,500 to $5,000.
- We expect to make up to five grant awards in 2020.
- Spring applications must be received by Friday, May 29, 2020 at 11:59PM.